We believe that professional development initiatives need to be tailored to individual and organisational need. We like to get to know our learners, so that we can create effective relationships to support real changes in behaviour at work. We aim to create evidence of success over time.
The Case for Investing in Development Programmes
We recognise that professional people are usually trained to be experts in their field, not to lead and manage a business through change.
Equipping busy, established professional people with the skills to embrace change is challenging, but vital. Here are some reasons why investing in learning makes good, commercial sense:
- Expensive business development initiatives rely on people being able to deliver consistently
- Realising the potential of high performers, and keeping them, means providing real opportunity for professional growth and progression
- Finding new ways of working in order to achieve “more for less” requires adaptability
- Being able to delegate effectively frees up time to think strategically and provide direction to a team
Delivering Changes in Behaviour
Learning to inspire a team, having a difficult conversation or coaching a colleague does not fit with traditional didactic learning models. Acquiring these skills begins with experiential learning, but also takes practice, a positive attitude and proper support in the work-place. Athena Professional can help you to set up an intelligent, integrated approach to make investment in learning worthwhile.
Return on Investment
Establishing ROI helps to generate commitment to learning. Measuring the impact of a programme involves establishing an indication of ability at the outset and conclusion of the process. We use a range of tools and methods to obtain qualitative and quantitative information on performance to build a picture of ROI, including 360 appraisal.
At Athena Professional we create evidence of compliance as part of the learning experience. Our learning programmes include opportunities for participants to identify their learning needs, reflect, and record how they use new knowledge and skills.
Compliance with CPD provisions
We can also help organisations to set up compliance with cpd regulations, where required, at an organisational level, for example by:
- Working out who needs to demonstrate which competencies; not everyone needs to meet them all!
- Getting everyone on-board with demonstrating reflective practice
- Helping to make work-based learning opportunities purposeful and beneficial